Heritage & Architecture
- Catalogued Collections
- Stained Glass Windows
- Archibald Family Memorial Window
- Calvin, Knox and Burning Bush Windows
- David Tait Memorial Window
- Faith, Hope and Charity
- Hale Memorial Window
- Henry Robertson Memorial Window
- John Campbell Memorial Window
- Morrow Memorial Window
- Peter Tait Memorial Window
- Robertson Memorial Window
- Stewart Memorial Window
- Tait Family Memorial Window
- Vann Memorial Window
- War Memorial Window
- Whitehall Memorial Window
- Interior Features
- Pipe Organ
Peter Tait Memorial Window
The Good Shepherd
This window, made in the studio of R S Exton & Co, Brisbane in 1953 is the work of Brisbane artist, William Bustard.
The inscription reads:I am the Good Shepherd.
The Good Shepherd giveth His life for the sheep.
In loving memory of Peter Tait 1873 – 1951
From his wife and children
The window was unveiled and dedicated by the Minister, the Revd Dr Norman Webster, on Sunday 23rd August 1953. It is the gift of Peter Tait’s widow, daughter and two sons. The theme is based on our Lord’s words in St John’s Gospel, “I am the Good Shepherd; the Good Shepherd giveth His life for the sheep.”
The family felt that as Mr Tait was engaged most of his life in the pastoral industry, it was fitting that the religious message of that calling should be embodied in the window.